View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindeets View Post
I understand that. Maybe their set was cut a few songs short b/c they took the stage an hour late. Their set was AMAZING, though... better than I thought it'd be. As far as having too many openers, if the local bands didn't play this show there probably would've been less than 100 people there. The show was almost sold out (500 people) all because Know Lyfe, Beyond The Fallout & Adrenachrome brought their friends & fans. I understand you may not wanna see local bands, but smaller national touring bands like 40 Below Summer & Straight Line Stitch depend on the local openers to promote the shows & sell tickets. Without local support bands, those national bands couldn't tour.

Sorry I didn't mean to be on a soapbox. Glad you're a 40 Below fan!
Yeah I have a lot of friends in bands and they have to sell their 50 tickets to be able to play that show. I get all that it just kills me when I see grunge bands playing 28-30 songs like Chris Cornell or Pearl Jam and other bands like 40 Below and Hed PE playing 12 songs. I get it's apples and oranges but in reality for a headliner to play 60-70 minutes sucks. Especially if said band is someone on my "Must see before I die" list like 40 Below. hahaha There should be a 90 minute headliner law...
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther