View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 AM
N00B

KMFDM -- Boise, ID -- October 21st, 2013

Setlist Photo linked here from Imgur since the Insert Image doesn't seem to be working

If these reviews had titles, the title would be "Boise Sucks" for having low attendance at good shows like this one. I am surprised KMFDM even stopped here on this new tour (this was the second night of the new tour) as the attendance was about the same (maybe 200-300) at the 999 capacity Knitting Factory when they were here seven months ago.

Although the crowd was small, we were definitely vocal and there was even a half decent pit going for the last few songs and the encore. A small crowd worked out well for me as I was able to get rail for a while and the setlist after the show pretty easily (a first in my long concert career), plus my short wife was able to see for once at a show. I thought the setlist was great although fairly similar to their other recent shows, it's like they picked the best of the two previous times I had seen them.

As usual, between song talking was kept to a minimum which is OK with me. The mixing sounded off as the vocals were buried under the guitars and even the synthesizer was buried a little bit. While I liked all the songs and they were performed well, they really changed up the I Heart You song from the studio version and I don't think it really worked.

All in all, it was a fun show as usual and I hope they come back again although I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. I am now angry at the Knitting Factory security though who says pictures with cell phones are OK but pictures with my shitty Canon Powershot that probably doesn't even take as good pictures as new cell phones are not OK. This isn't an SLR people! Observe a high quality photo from last night's show.

http://imgur.com/l1zVLJD

Before I go, I should mention the opener Chant who of course we showed up just in time to hear the last song. It reminded me of the 1990 Ministry video where the two drums are going at the beginning, it was mostly two drums with some synths and guitar. The main guy of the group was talking to people after the show and my wife liked what she had heard enough to buy the CD. I should probably try to show up on time more.
11-21 Judas Priest

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 10-22-2013 at 07:34 AM.