View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:23 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Bruce has also done 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Prisoner, Run To The Hills, and he's pretty much the only one that does Flight of Icarus anymore.

The only singer from a former band that played a lot of their former band's stuff was Rob Halford. Even on the Crucible tour he played a lot of Priest hits/deep cuts. As the solo career gets more successful you phase out the old band.

Don't think Tarja has that kind of quality under her belt. Plus there still the problem of Nightwish not being able to play most of those songs in the proper key, even with Floor.
Yep, but it's a matter of taste too, I think when you've been working with a songwriter for so many years, she was never able to write her own songs, so just now she's learning how to do it, and it takes time to find your own style and improve your writing, I always understood that, so this record is more mature, more clear, if you like it or not, that's another issue.

But I think she has all the right to play her solo material, she loves to sing nw songs but she has to move on as she's doing right now.