View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Are you referring to the movie based off the Stephen King novel 'the Mist'. If so, that was an awesome movie and the ending was epic.

Being the huge geek I am I actually get pretty worked up during the scene on The Bridge of Khazad Dum in the Fellowship of the Ring, after Galdalf says "fly you fools" and falls. That slow, ominous music and the sadness on Frodos face gets to me. It's really great that any time I've watched that movie with my wife she chooses to start talking then after being quite for two hours. The ending of the Return of the King when Frodo and Samwise are sitting on the rocks in the lava flow gets me too. And the beginning of the Hobbit had me getting a choked up when Frodo walked on the screen. I don't care. I loved those first three movies and to see Frodo again made me happy. Just watching those two clips made me remember how fucking awesome those movies were.

Then there's Star Wars. I do get pretty worked up at the end of Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader chooses between Luke and the Emperor and redeems himself. And the last shot in Revenge of the Sith with Owen and Beru Lars staring at the two sons of Tattooine holding baby Luke really gets me. It probably doesn't for a lot of people but that scene brought thirty years of being a Star Wars fan full-circle for me. Even watching that shitty quality clip off YouTube got me welled up.

I can't say I ever cried. I was damn close the first time I saw Revenge of the Sith.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 10-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.