View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 AM
N00B

DevilDriver -- Detroit, MI -- October 5th, 2013

5 or 6 local bands opened. The only one that stood out to me was called Forsake The Fallen. They only got 3 songs b/c of time restraints, but they were excellent.

After The Burial
took the stage next. They're quickly becoming one of my very favorite bands. I have no idea when their new CD is coming out, but that new song "A Wolf Amongst Ravens" is killer! That might've been the highlight of the entire night. They also played another new song called "Anti-Pattern," which they said is also known as "Yoga Pants." I'm not sure if that's an inside joke or what. Anyway, these guys tore it up.

After The Burial setlist

My Frailty
Berzerker
A Wolf Amongst Ravens (new song)
Your Troubles Will Cease & Fortune Will Smile Upon You
Anti-Pattern (new song)
Aspiration

Trivium played next. They sounded fantastic & had a cool light show. They also played a lot of songs that I haven't heard in awhile. I was particularly psyched to hear "Shogun" & "Kirisute Gomen." Great set!

Trivium setlist

Throes of Perdition
Down From The Sky
Becoming The Dragon
Brave This Storm (new song)
Watch The World Burn
Strife (new song)
A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
Kirisute Gomen
Shogun
In Waves
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

DevilDriver
headlined. I was surprised at that b/c I thought this was Trivium's tour. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. Maybe DevilDriver headlined as a result of the number of times they've headlined at Harpos. Every time I've seen them headline in Detroit, they've played at Harpos. This was probably my 6th or 7th time seeing them at Harpos. Anyway, on with the show... I LOVED hearing the new songs off of WINTER KILLS. I have been listening to that album a lot lately. Thankfully they played my favorite song from that album, "The Appetite." Another highlight of the show was their cover of "Sail" by AWOLNATION. They also played my favorite DevilDriver song, "Clouds Over California." All in all a great set. I've seen DevilDriver at least 15x now, and they're always great love. One thing that was funny... Dez mentioned 3 or 4x that it was Sunday night, except it was a SATURDAY. Hahaha. I guess when you're a band on tour the days of the week make no difference. All 3 bands on this tour were amazing. I may just have to go to this tour again in Grand Rapids in December. We'll see.

DevilDriver setlist

Ruthless
Hold Back The Day
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Before the Hangman's Noose
Oath of the Abyss
The Appetite
I Could Care Less
Cry For Me Sky
Curses & Epitaphs
Sail (AWOLNATION cover)
Head On To Heartache