View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,054
I am guessing some of you want to know how the tour went, so I guess I'll make a little blog about it right here...

About 2 hours outside of Spokane we stopped at a truck stop to piss and just take a break, and noticed our radiator was leaking fluid. We were insanely nervous, but got off at the next main exit and hit up an Auto Zone (same one we broke down at back in June...) to pick up some more coolant, and then hit the road again. About an hour-half an hour outside of Spokane we noticed our temperature gauge rising....we got nervous, but kept on going.

We made it to the show safely, and had only missed a band or two. The venue had a very lenient curfew of 11:00pm, we got on stage around 10:15.... and there was still a band to go on after us. Luckily no one was cut short and the venue let us go late.

After the show we went and stayed at some friends of mines place, and then they let us work on our van in their drive way in the morning. We replaced the thermostat, and the van didn't overheat at all and was running great. Unfortunately, due to the amount of time it took to work on the van, we wouldn't be able to make it to our show in Boise with WE BUTTER THE BREAD WITH BUTTER in time, so we called the venue and had to cancel. We then decided to head West and just go straight to the next city, Portland. (the drive from Spokane - Portland is AMAZING once you get to central Oregon).

Once in Portland we got dinner, grabbed a cheap motel, and crashed out to prepare for what would be a long Sunday. We were the headlining band on the final night of the Sickness In September Fest, and showed up at the venue before any of the other bands. . My girlfriend ended up coming down to Portland from Seattle for our show and got there super early which put the biggest, and much needed, smile on my face!! (I dislike road trips/touring, fyi). After getting everything situated, her and I left to go have fun around the city, and to get a nice break from the band stuff.

We got back to the venue around 8:00pm or so to find that a couple of my band members had been having a bit too much fun, thus the nerves kicked in. Around 10:30 we got on stage and played one of the most nerve racking performances that we had ever played. We look back on it now and laugh, but at the moment it was very stressful.... but it definitely brought out the best in me and made me perform harder than ever before. We got through all of our songs, and even with the sloppiness, the crowd wanted more, so we played our cover of Slayer's "Criminally Insane" as an encore.

We got back to Seattle the next day to play for a whopping 10 people for our homecoming show. It was a Monday night, we didn't get on stage until after 11:00pm, so it was understandable, but more people would have been a lot better. We still had a blast despite all of the technical difficulties. Our guitarist had to spend a lot of time getting a new head on his cab after his died, so that made for some Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, and a couple other short covers

All in all, it was an interesting tour. Spokane was fun, Portland was... interesting, and Seattle was just a bummer, but it is what it is. I'd definitely have to say that the highlight for me was hanging out with my lady in Portland and having her see us two nights in a row
Dalla Nebbia

Funeral Age

Reply With Quote