View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Just watched "No Country For Old Men". A classic example of a fine movie with a shitty ending.
Thought it was a pretty average movie all over.

So, the last week or so (woo, long flights!):

Unknown - the Liam Neeson one, not the excellent Jim Caviezel one. Pretty good, liked it much more than the first Taken.

The Croods - yep, pretty funny stuff.

Wreck-It Ralph - again, funny stuff, and lots of mockery/name-drops of games from my youth.

Jack The Giant Slayer - not bad, quite funny, CGi for the giants wasn't great though.

Contagion - gets a bad rep, but I thought it was pretty decent. Bit more of a personal angle on the contagious disease scenario, and probably quite accurate regarding timescales for getting cures approved etc. Made it a bit more realistic-feeling than most (excluding the ones with the zombie angle, obviously).

The Bourne Legacy - poor. Tries to be complicated but doesn't have the intelligence needed for that, and ends with a whimper.

Dark Shadows - never fancied this from the trailer, but it's actually quite funny. Enjoyed it a lot.

Beautiful Creatures - not what I expected, and much better for it. Even if Emmy Rossum was really fucking annoying.

Epic - yeah, not bad. Not great. Funny in places.

20/11 Threshold
27/11 Accept
16/12 Metal All-Stars

Last edited by ravenheart; 09-17-2013 at 01:24 PM.