View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Alice In Chains -- Mountain View, CA -- September 11th, 2013

The "Uproar Festival" had to be a pretty big letdown for every band but AIC and Jane's Addiction. Everybody here probably knows how bad this sold for the venues it's hitting and it's no surprise that nobody showed up for an all day fest midweek in September. This was the emptiest I've ever seen the Shoreline, just before JA went on.
I got $10 lawn tickets about a month before and by the day of the show I saw upper level seats going for $10 and lower levels for 20 on Craigslist.

Anyway, I arrived midway through Coheed and Cambria and was totally confused when acoustic music was coming from the stage and they were showing a blonde girl on the monitors outside the amphitheater. Turns out the drummer bailed for some reason so they did an acoustic set featuring somebody's wife.

Jane's Addiction was pretty ok, they came out with two girls in giant dresses hanging from the top of the stage which looked like some Cirque du Soleil shit. I can tell you that they played Mountain Song second, Caught Stealing somewhere in the middle and closed with Jane Says.

It seemed like everything else was just a warm up for Alice In Chains. I saw one Jane's Addiction t shirt the whole night (and it was the only one I've ever noticed, ever) and Coheed didn't get much of a response. Well worth the ten bucks, even if it was an abbreviated set.

Them Bones
Hollow
Check My Brain
(Green Manhalishi/Enter Sandman tease) Man In The Box
Got Me Wrong
Last of My Kind
We Die Young
Stone
Nutshell
It Ain't Like That
Would
Rooster

Last edited by TonyD; 09-12-2013 at 08:07 PM.