View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post
Hey, I'm not sure if you are aware, but Thurston and Kim actually are in new bands now. Thurston's new band Chelsea Light Moving is actually playing in Toronto in a couple weekends.

Kim's new band is Body/Head but they don't seem to be playing in Toronto, at least yet. I haven't listened to either band though, yet.

Dirty actually has a couple really good songs (Theresa's Sound World, Sugar Kane), but I agree, not their best. You're not alone in thinking NYC ghosts and flowers is horrible... Pitchfork gave it a 0.0.

I don't remember if I've heard Rather Ripped or not. I think I may have heard the first two songs. Either way, public opinion indicates that I shouldn't bother.

Haven't listened to Murray Street in a while, but I remember I didn't care for the first half at all, but was pleasantly surprised by the second. Will have to re-listen soon.

I'm glad I re-initiated your interest in Sonic Youth

ALSO, Trans Am have been on my list of bands to check out for a couple months now. I've really been getting into that 'scene' recently... have you heard of Polvo or Slint?
I knew about Thurstons new band but I haven't heard anything. I was actually going to go to that show in Toronto but the club they're playing in always has shows start way too late for me. I'm an old man and I have kids. I just can't be out past midnight anymore.

The Trans Am scene I have no idea on. I've never heard any of those bands. But you should check out Trans Am. They're a lot like Sonic Youth though in that for every good song there are two you'll skip. Except their debut album is all good.
11/01 - Suffocation
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 09-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.