View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Hey, I'm not sure if you are aware, but Thurston and Kim actually are in new bands now. Thurston's new band Chelsea Light Moving is actually playing in Toronto in a couple weekends.

Kim's new band is Body/Head but they don't seem to be playing in Toronto, at least yet. I haven't listened to either band though, yet.

Dirty actually has a couple really good songs (Theresa's Sound World, Sugar Kane), but I agree, not their best. You're not alone in thinking NYC ghosts and flowers is horrible... Pitchfork gave it a 0.0.

I don't remember if I've heard Rather Ripped or not. I think I may have heard the first two songs. Either way, public opinion indicates that I shouldn't bother.

Haven't listened to Murray Street in a while, but I remember I didn't care for the first half at all, but was pleasantly surprised by the second. Will have to re-listen soon.

I'm glad I re-initiated your interest in Sonic Youth

ALSO, Trans Am have been on my list of bands to check out for a couple months now. I've really been getting into that 'scene' recently... have you heard of Polvo or Slint?

Last edited by larvtard; 09-04-2013 at 06:09 PM.