View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Hey Wild, not to troll or be a dbag, but you mentioned how your band were all Chrisitian, but not Christian rock.....welll.... you guys do post A LOT of "praise jesus" stuff on your facebook, which ...for me at least... implies that the bands "gimmick" is christian rock.

Anyway, cool set, thats gotta be intense to play for such a long time, go you \m/
Thanks man!

Well yea we are very Christian, but we don't see how a band can be Christian.Labeling a band Christian rock kinda put's them in a box and is basically saying "This music will only be enjoyed by Christians".Besides,the mainstream Christian rock genre is very boring with too much emphasis on slow 8 minute songs that repeat the chorus over and over again, all the songs have the same chord structures and no guitar solos (not cool), and we definitely don't want to be considered that.We have the same view as Switchfoot if you are familiar with them, and our music is more guitar driven (of course you know my influences, so trust me if it wasn't rockin' I wouldn't be in the band).The only two "Christian" rock bands that are really good are Stryper and the newer DecembeRadio.DecembeRadio is heavily Biblical, but musically they sound like classic 70's and 80's hard rock (think Tesla/The Black Crowes/Aerosmith), here's a song by them (riff sounds like Death To All But Metal): http://grooveshark.com/s/Gasoline/4B29RZ?src=5

I'm gonna try to convince my Dad to do either Living After Midnight, or You Got Another Thing Comin', but he doesn't like Judas Priest so it might be hard

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 09-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.