View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:44 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Trans Am
Trans Am (1996)

Red Line (2000)

Trans Am are one of those bands that when they’re good they’re GOOD, and when they’re not they SUCK. Any of their albums are worth your time and money but their debut is far and away their best. They were more of a straight-ahead indie rock band then, all instrumental though. But there are some damn fine, catchy songs on that album. If there’s a shortfall it’s that it’s too damn short (barely a half an hour). Red Line was their last rock album before they went into synth rock and it suffers from the exact opposite symptom as their debut, it’s a little too long. But the songs that are good are so damn good. Trans Am have nine full-length albums and if you took all the very best songs you’d probably have four albums worth of material. But these two would be strongly represented, the debut especially.
Favorite Song (Trans Am): Orlando (I can't find a decent clip of that song on its own so here's a link for the whole album. You may as well listen to the whole thing but Orlando starts at 15:06)
Favorite Song (Red Line): I’m Coming Down
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy