View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Prong - Rude Awakening (1996)

A lot of people loved Prongs earlier albums and pushed this one aside. Iím the complete opposite. Their earlier stuff is okay but this album is one hundred percent awesome. Itís pretty simplistic, short and most of the songs follow the same ďverse-chorusĒ formula. But when itís a really good formula why deviate from it? If this album did anything bad itís that it was a precursor to the late 1990ís nu-metal movement. And itís especially a precursor to one of nu-metals most polarizing bands: Static-X. You can really hear a lot of this album (and its predecessor Cleansing) in Static-Xs debut, especially the drumming. But I liked Static-Xs first album so I donít let it bother me. Prong fell apart after this album. I think Sony dropped them within a few weeks of releasing this album. Shortly after that they broke up and Tommy Victor joined Danzigs touring band (a job he still holds to this day). The band got back together in the early part of the millennium and started releasing new music again but back in the vein of their earlier stuff. Too bad, this was a wicked album.
Favorite Song: Rude Awakening (another one of my all-time favorite music videos)
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend