View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
AJ Styles cutting a promo
Not nearly as funny as Dolph Ziggler cutting a promo

AJ Styles is decent enough at cutting promos but that's not what got him over. Being one of the best in ring performers of the last decade is how he got to where he is now. The promo he did on Thursday was decent enough but i'm not sure why today whenever a wrestler cuts a promo where they're telling the truth it's now considered a pipe bomb? Punk's promo in 2011 was exactly that. AJ Lee's and AJ Styles ones were good promos but had nowhere near the impact Punk's did. So I don't consider them to be pipe bombs.

I'm guessing AJ Styles wins the Bound For Glory series and takes the belt from Bully Ray in October. This will be TNA's way of keeping Styles around for a bit longer and it will bring an end to the terrible Aces & 8s storyline which they have fucked up beyond belief. Maybe with Styles as their top guy again TNA can get back to how good they were in the later part of 2011 and all through 2012.

TNAs marketing still needs to be fixed. Given how popular Jeff Hardy was before he left the WWE, he alone should be able to get a few thousand people to each TNA show. The chance for people to see Sting wrestle again should bring a decent crowd to. The problem is, nobody knows the TNA name and that these guys are with them.