View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Venue: Atlanta Motor Speedway

So my band Houseofthomas played Atlanta Motor Speedway last night and it was a pretty fun experience. We played at one of the camp grounds under a huge tent.We had a lot of technical problems prior to the show so we didn't get to play as long as we would have liked to, but in the end we played for about two hours and ten minutes.This was different than most of our other shows because we were asked to do mostly cover songs by management, but we played three originals (plus our own version of Peace, Love And Understanding).Anyway here is the set, original songs in bold:

1.Peace, Love And Understanding (Elvis Costello inspired version)
2.Rock 'N Roll Band (Boston cover, was originally intended to be the opener, but we felt a little shaky on the song so we switched to Peace because we were more familiar with it)
3.Double Vision (Foreigner cover)
4.Already Gone (Eagles cover)
5.Hard Days Night (The Beatles cover)
6.Authority Song (John Cougar Mellancamp cover)
7.A New Day Is Now
8.Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)
9.Dance The Night Away (Van Halen cover)
10.Drive All Night (NEEDTOBREATHE cover)
11.Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top cover)
12.Traveling Band (CCR cover)
13.Gimme Three Steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)
14.Wanted Dead Or Alive (Bon Jovi cover)
15.Rock And Roll All Nite (KISS cover)
16.Fortunate Son (CCR Cover)
17.Bringing On The Heartbreak (Def Leppard cover)
18.Switch 625 (Def Leppard cover)
19.Play That Funky Music (Wild Cherry cover)
20.Glory Days (Bruce Springsteen cover)
21.These Are The Days (Acoustic)
22.Peace, Love And Understanding (not sure why my Dad told us to go into the song instead of any other of our songs that got left out, but this was were it was originally on the set, so I guess he saw that on the paper and just wanted to go with it)
23.Don't Stop Believin' (Journey cover)
24.Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)
Encore:
25.More Than Just Alive

The songs that got thrown out at the last minute were Find Me (original song), Two Tickets To Paradise, I'm A Believer, and It's My Life.

We will be playing more racetrack shows in the future, so if anybody has cover song ideas I would love to hear them.

You get credit for playing one of the longest sets I've seen any band perform. Any plans to play the major metropolitan Atlanta area?