View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 01:32 AM
One who onions things

Black Sabbath -- Mountain View, CA -- August 26th, 2013

Got there early to hang out with friends, and I got to kick it with slap for a good bit for the first time in forever. It was good seeing you buddy, and I'll catch you at Agalloch in just a couple weeks! We also spotted Matt Camacho and Craig Locicero from Forbidden at the show, along with Matt Pike from Sleep/High on Fire and Zetro from Exodus. Those were just the people we saw near the entrance, I'm sure there were many, many more Bay Area metal musician dudes in attendance.

AWK was lame (never thought I'd ever say that). I'd have much rather just not had him at all since he played his songs so loud that I couldn't even talk with my friends on the lawn. The explosion effects he added to Ace of Spades were also really really bad.

Anyway, Sabbath were simply amazing. Ozzy was on fire, his voice cracked a grand total of once and that was during Under the Sun if memory serves me right. He sounded amazing for the entire show. Tony and Geezer were insane as well. Tommy's drum solo sucked, but he played well in all the songs except Fairies Wear Boots. He fucking nailed Under the Sun. Band played for 1:55 flat, and there was no real encore break between Children of the Grave and Paranoid. The stage got dark and right away Ozzy had us chant for one more song.

1. War Pigs
2. Into the Void
3. Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes
4. Snowblind
5. Age of Reason
6. Black Sabbath
7. Behind the Wall of Sleep
Bassically
8. N.I.B.
9. End of the Beginning
10. Fairies Wear Boots
11. Rat Salad