3. Civilized Worm
4. A History of Drunks
5. Rat Faced Granny
6. The Hawk
7. You’re Never Been Right
8. A History of Bad Men
9. The Mechanical Bride
10. A Vast Filth Prison

This is just more of the same style of music the Melvins released at this stage of their career. I guess you could call it “butt-rock” or “old-man-rock”. It just lacks that excitement factor that their earlier stuff has. To me this album and the ones that follow just sound like a band that went into the studio, recorded a few songs and got the fuck out. I do like the pacing of this album. The first seven songs are pretty fast and short and they really run into each other well. But I listen to this and then listen to Lysol and I get a little sad that the band that recorded Lysol isn’t around anymore. So maybe this album is really good and I'm just jaded. Maybe my expectations are just too high. Buzz and Dale were joined by some drum, bass and vocal duo called Big Business on this album and they became official members of the band. So that meant two drummers and a lot of gang-vocals. The drumming on this album and any of the albums with the Big Business guys is pretty good. The songs just suck. For some reason I’ve just never liked the Big Business guys. I’ve never heard a note of their music (Big Business) but in the promo-pictures, liner notes and interviews…they just annoy me.
Best Song: Blood Witch
Rating: 2 out of 5

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2