View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 AM
N00B

Black Sabbath -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 22nd, 2013

I'd already seen Heaven And Hell in 2007, and seeing Ozzy-era Sabbath was something I'd been wanting to do for a long time, so this was really an incredible show. They looked and sounded awesome, definitely not a band that's gotten worse with age. The show looked like it was nearly sold out.

Andrew WK did his DJ thing as an opener (just played various classic rock/metal songs) and then after a quick 15 minute set change it was Sabbath time! They were heavy as fuck and sounded phenomenal. It's really amazing that a band like this is still around and still sounds so good.

Setlist:
--------
War Pigs
Into The Void
Under The Sun
Snowblind
Age Of Reason
Black Sabbath
Behind The Wall Of Sleep
NIB
End Of the Beginning
Fairies Wear Boots
Rat Salad / Drum Solo
Iron Man
God Is Dead
Paranoid

This was the same set as they did the other shows, but they cut out Dirty Women and Children Of The Grave. I think it was due to Ozzy, he sounded perfect the first half of the show but then his voice started going downhill in the second half, you could hear his voice breaking and him failing to hit notes, etc. He even said at one point "I'm having some problems here, so forgive me if I sing like an asshole". Oh well, it was still awesome despite that.

Also, get your merch early. I picked up a shirt at the end of the show but by then most of the designs and sizes were sold out.

Great show overall, though. I very highly recommend going to see them if you can.

Last edited by Solarian13; 08-23-2013 at 07:15 AM.