Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Neither Here nor There
Released on March 9th, 2004
Label: Ipecac

Line-Up:
Varies

1. Bar-X-The Rocking M
2. Night Goat (AmRep CD single 1992 version)
3. Hog Leg
4. The Fool, the Meddling Idiot
5. Revolve
6. Colossus of Destiny (thirty second sample)
7. Manky (intro edited down)
8. Oven
9. With Teeth
10. If You Get Bored
11. Let it All Be
12. Boris
13. Forgotten Principles
14. Prick (first thirty seconds of Roll Another One)
15. Mombius Hibachi
16. At A Crawl
17. Hooch
18. Eye Flys

I keep asking this question but why release this? The Melvins have a lot of strange collectables that I never got into on this thread because they weren't really music released. But I remember there's a live eight-track that came out in the late-1990's and lots of other fucked up stuff. KISS have a lot of collectables and the Melvins (being huge KISS fans) have a lot of stuff too. Their stuff usually has this odd, twisted edge to it. This CD is actually a companion piece to the coffee table book of artwork that came out to commemorate their twentieth anniversary as a band. I’m not going to lie; I never really liked much of the Melvins artwork, especially the stuff by Mackie Osbourne (who has done all their artwork since they joined with Ipecac). Her artwork is minimal, boring, the same…really just god-awful. I fucking hate her art. And the book is just pictures. No stories, no interviews, no tablature. So I have no reason to ever open the book. But the CD has a lot of good songs. The alternate version of Night Goat is worth seeking out but I think there’s a CD single that you can find it on that’s more worth your time. I’ll score this release based on the CD, not the book.
Favorite Song: With Teeth (awesome live version from 1995)
Rating: 4 out of 5
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-20-2013 at 08:02 AM.