Thread: 2013....
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Based on the top 10 lists I see around here, my tastes don't align with many others', but I'll update the last few I've heard:

Sinister Realm's "World of Evil" is wickedly catchy heavy metal with some doomy tendencies. I had never heard of them before, but this is a wicked album.

Hell's Domain's self-titled album is pretty sub-standard thrash. Not particularly fast or interesting, but I don't regret giving it a few listens.

I have yet to hear the new Fleshgod, but I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday, along with hopefully the new Diamond Plate (which is awesome!).
I liked the Hell's Domain. I pretty much like all thrash though. Looking at the last Top 10 posted (HandofDoom's) I'm guessing 3 of his will be in my Top 10 also including #1. I'm a bigger Hatebreed fan than most on here so that and Dillinger should be in my Top 10 also. Actually Misery Signals might be a dark horse for my Top 10.

Ironic note about my Top 10 this year: I pretty much HATED Strange Cousins but think Earth Rocker is one of the best cd's released in the last 5 years. I loved Stone Sour's HoG&B Part 1 so much it made my Top 5 that year and I couldn't possibly hate Part 2 any more. Sounds like a total compilation of B-Sides compared to Part 1 to me.