View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
This, expect for me it was Metallica; I'll get to them here soon but hearing them just blew Korn, Papa Roach Cold, Limp Bizkit and others out the water. Slayer didn't really come to me until college which sucks because I know I missed some great tours of that. Speaking of Papa Roach......

1. "Infest"
2. "Last Resort"
3. "Broken Home"
4. "Dead Cell"
5. "Between Angels and Insects"
6. "Blood Brothers"
7. "Revenge"
8. "Snakes"
9. "Never Enough"
10. "Binge"
11. "Thrown Away"

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

DON'T GIVE A F&*$ IF I CUT MY ARM BLEDDING

----

For those of you who remember these famous lyrics, this album was a huge deal back in 2000; Every depressed teen loved it, adults shit their pants in fear of thinking the song would promote suicide. Again, me being all woe is me and shit, I jumped right on this when I heard Last Resort. Needless to say my love affair with the album lasted about 6 months before I moved on. The rest of the album listening to it now is a bit of a let down with Blood Brothers and Snakes being ok. Papa Roach rode this for a while then just dropped off the map when they had to record a follow up to this. I didn't even realize until doing some research today that they are up to 7 albums. Maybe it is because I'm older and wiser(ish) but I don't see any value in this album. It was good for the times but today it feels weak

Today's score: 4/10
A really great example of an album that is super top heavy. Couldn't tell you a thing from track 7 on down but remember the first 6 very clearly.