View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I was a hardcore KoRn fan from the first album, and I loved the second one too. But Follow the Leader just did not sit well with me from day one. Something about that album just didn't have the gritty, raw feel of their first two. And very few of the songs were even good, to me. And making the first twelve tracks four seconds of dead air? What the fuck is that? Issues I enjoyed a lot more. I actually liked the instrumental interludes most and the last song.

That said, I've sold or traded in very few of my CDs over the years. Follow the Leader and Issues aren't in my collection anymore. Whereas the first two albums will never leave. In a way, I wish I'd kept Issues.

(I still have my copy of Untouchables, but that's only because when I was selling them no one wanted it)
Interesting it was the other way for me; I got Korn and Life is Peachy and while I liked some songs like Blind, Lies, Clown, A.D.I.D.A.S., and No Place to Hide, I just wasn't as into those albums as I was FTL and Issues. Now, I hold their first 4 albums in equal light
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest