View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Econoline Crush was actually one of the first bands I ever saw live, opening for another Canadian rock band called the Tea Party in December 1995 at the Oshawa Civic Center. That was probably two years before this album came out. They had another album (or maybe just an EP) that was a little harder and less polished. I thought they were really good live but being one of my first concerts and only being fifteen years old at the time I was probably caught up in the moment. But this album broke them huge, in Canada anyway. They had some really good singles off this album (All That You Are, Sparkle and Shine) and anything else I ever heard by the band wasn't too bad. But I never bought their albums. I remember albums coming out after this but none made the impact that this one did. I think they broke-up in 2001 or 2002 but got back together a few years ago for a nostalgia tour and album.

But Canadian bands often have a really short shelf-life (one or two albums is typical) and Econoline Crush pretty much fell into that category.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.