Review Your Choices
Everything's Turning to Night
When the Screams Come
All Your Sins
Petrified
Relentless
Be Forewarned
20 Buck Spin

Since I didn't feel like paying approximately 3 million dollars to see Sabbath last night, I dropped a 20 on hometown doom-wizards tonight. No regrets.

Also on the bill were locals A Sound of Thunder, a killer female-fronted band that will hopefully go places, and local Iron Maiden tribute Sons of Eddie, who rocked; the other locals may have sucked or ruled, I was busy drinking.

Pentagram was in top form, Bobby sounded great and was twerkin like a madman. Crowd was a bit dead but I've stopped expecting better from Jaxx, even when you have rad bands like Overkill or Immolation playing people prefer to stand there with their arms crossed and ogle the guitarist rather than headbang or actually seem like they care. The first album songs got the best reception, especially the wicked opening combo of Sign of the Wolf & The Ghoul. Bobby gave a shout out to his mom, who was in attendance, before Forever My Queen (if memory serves), and had a hilarious rant at the soundguy, otherwise a very smooth and professional set from a historically troubled band. Totally recommend seeing Pentagram if you can, I think they have another date or two coming up on the east coast.

Last edited by BrutalN00dle; 08-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.