Originally Posted by El Gordo
Destruction - Eternal Devastation - July 12, 1986
So I heard this album for the first time today.
1) It's not as good as Infernal Overkill.
2) Schmier's shrieks can be a little laughable sometimes.
3) Mike's riffs can be a little ejaculatory sometimes.
4) It grooves quite nicely, and does so during a time when groove meant a simple but effective backbeat to hold a riff rather than hip-hop tempo emulating "PEOPLE EQVL SHIT" douchebaggery.
5) Curse The Gods fucking owns.
Interestingly enough, when metal-archives.com did their top whatever thrash albums of all time, this was the highest ranking Destruction album.