View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
And you're the only person I've ever heard talk about Ultra Boris.

So you're giving my opinion credit because I'm the only one that's heard of him? Because that's what I was trying to imply with the Kublai Khan statement (and I'm pretty sure more people have heard of Ultraboris the reviewer than Kublai Khan the thrash band). I don't think that was your intention.

And obviously, the review works more as a retrospective piece than a contemporary analysis. It's why I've stated for awhile that it serves more as an Afterword to Some Kind Of Monster. But then again, he does a describe why its inferior to other metal albums of that year in the scope of thrash. Hell there's an album from 1986 that Boris forgot to mention in his review: Cro-Mags The Age of Quarrell (which he himself gave an 80% and called it "as true-metal as it gets), which was one of, if not THE album that united the metal and hardcore scenes and changed them both forever, which not even the most ardent Metallica fan can claim.