View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
So a year ago I downloaded all '96 Nitro torrents & ppvs and watched in order. Maybe a small part of this has to do w/ knowing what happens already. Im a couple Nitros after nWo started. W/ everything leading up to Bash At The Beach, how did people not suspect Hogan was the 3rd man?

Obviously this is in the infancy of internet & dirt reports and all that stuff. But I started realizing, Hogan hadn't been on tv for how many months leading up to that ppv? Maybe its partial revisionist history but if you watched WCW weekly isn't that something that could have been predicted?
I think it was also a shock because it was only the mid 90's. Today we have seen every possible heel/face turn, almost every impact of a storyline, nothing these days is much of a surprise. Back then "OMG OMG OMG SO AND SO IS BLAH BLAH BLAH" was happening almost every week. That is another reason why wrestling is so stale these days. It can be enjoyable, like we have briefly discussed, there isn't much surprise anymore. Even if Cena turned heel, big whoop, I don't see it being that big, unless you're 6.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com