View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
- It's in a not great location in terms of transportation. Getting there is a huge pain in the ass as it's basically in the middle of nowhere near Polson Pier.

- It's narrow as fuck inside, so when they fill the place it's almost impossible to move around.

- The sightlines are terrible. If you're not at the front getting squished to shit or not at least 6 foot 5, you can't see anything.

- Did I mention it's in the middle of goddamn nowhere and hard to get to?

Seriously, that venue sucks, yet because it's one of the few (if not the only) mid-sized venues in Toronto a lot of mid-sized metal bands book their shows there. I keep telling myself after every show I go to there that it'll be the last show I attend at Sound Academy, but then I get suckered in when a band I haven't seen yet or in a long time plays there and i'm like "...Fuck"

But seriously, never again.

All of this is true. I normally park at the Asian grocery store on Cherry street and walk 5 minutes - not perfect but better than spending $20.

Site lines are my biggest issue with the venue, as others have said unless you are in the first 10 or so rows, don't expect to see much.
04/24 - Nile