Thread: 2013 Movies
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
And your laughing because.......?
Because it's not. The villain was lame and the first bits of the movie were very boring. It's not even close to being top anything. Ironman was great, the sequels that came after not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
I'm conflicted when it comes to Pacific Rim. On one hand, it's one hell of an action movie. It's loud, fun, and the characters are interesting enough that you start to care for them. Also, the universe is one of the most fully fleshed out worlds I've seen in quite some time. On the other, it's a bit cheesy and pretentious, especially with the whole "teamwork" motif. You can really tell this was Guillermo del Toro's passion project, and that's something I loved. It's a simple concept, but that's part of the charm for me.
I found the movie to be not as over the top as I expected. Like the robots and monster battles were too slow and chunky, I mean if the movie isnt gonna be realistic(cmon the story is so chessy) then why not make the fights more fast paced and ridiculous. Also the bots and monsters themselves were so uninspired. The effects were nice however.