The Unknown Knows
Psychic Vacuum
Chaosmongers
Ripping Headaches
Mechanical Mind
Forgotten In Space
Astronomy Domine
Voivod

I like them, but thought they played too many songs from the new album (3 out of 11 is a bit too much for an album that I don' t really like.

I really LOVED the AVANTASIA gig. I'd never have thought to see them live someday and they played in my city, and gave a killer performance. I was really impressed by the vocals of Oliver Hartmann. This guy is really talented and should sing lead in a metal band. He was great with At Vance, but his solo stuff is too mellow for me. He's an excellent guitarist as well. Thomas Rettke was also quite impressive, the dude is really powerful. He quite nailed the Ripper Owens song (Scales Of Justice). Eric Martin was also excellent. Kiske did a fine job as well, but I'm not his bigger fan. In fact, all the band was on fire. I noticed that Tobias was less present that in past shows I saw on DVD and when Oliver said he was sick, I understood. But I thought he still sang excellent.

The 5000-people venue wasn't sold-out (like it had been on Friday for Bad Religion) but it was still quite full, with maybe 4000 people I'd say. And the crowd was really into it, which pleased the band. I was quite surprised that lots of people knew the songs so well, as Avantasia is still very "underground" around here, as are most melodic power metal bands.

The weather was perfect, the sound was also perfect for an outdoor venue. It was quite a magical night.

Last edited by metaleloi666; 07-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.