View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 PM
N00B

311 -- Clarkston, MI -- July 7th, 2013

It's basically become a summer tradition for me that the 3 shows I'm guaranteed to attend at Pine Knob every single year are the Mayhem Fest, Ted Nugent, and 311. 311 is essentially the perfect outdoor live band.

I caught the last 2 or 3 songs by G Love & Special Sauce. I had seen them before. They're OK, just not my cup of tea.

Next was Cypress Hill, and they were, um, interesting. They pretty much covered all of the marijuana basses, and the crowd ate that up w/ a spoon.

311 headlined. They are a truly under-rated band IMO. They're all really good musicians. They put on an excellent live show. It's fun as hell, and they always mix up their setlists. That way the true fans are guaranteed to hear a few of the less-expected deep cuts. They always play their biggest hits like "Down," "All Mixed Up," and "Beautiful Disaster," but they always throw in some pleasant surprises. For me those songs last night were "And A Ways To Go," "Don't Tread On Me," "Hive," and "From Chaos." This was an EXCELLENT set by 311. Go see them if you get a chance. I guarantee you'll have a blast and leave the show as a fan. Setlist:

Jackpot
Hive
Homebrew
All Mixed Up
From Chaos
Rock On
Champagne
Wild Nights
You Wouldn't Believe
Applied Science (w/ drum jam)
Down
Sunset In July
Six
Brodels
And A Ways To Go
Bass Solo
Beautiful Disaster
Don't Tread On Me
Sun Come Through
Don't Stay Home
Feels So Good
--encore--
Amber
Creatures (For a While)
10/5 For Today
10/13 Counterparts
10/16 PJ
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot

Last edited by kevindeets; 07-08-2013 at 03:27 PM.