View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaleloi666 View Post
Honestly, I really don't know what will be the draw. I mean, you gotta count on the "festival" attraction with the cheap 11-day ticket ($78), where loads of people who usually don't attend gigs do. I'd say for a "normal" show, Avantasia would draw no more than 300-400 in Quebec City, about the same as a band like Hammerfall do. But Hammerfall played the festival a few years ago, on the very same stage where Avantasia will play, and it was close to be sold-out (5,000 crowd). So, maybe Avantasia can be close to sell-out the place as well. Let's hope so. Voivod should draw some people in as well, even though it's a weird fit.
That's a great crowd for HammerFall. I agree that most power metal bands will draw no more than 500 (maybe Helloween, and definitely Blind Guardian could do better), but this is a different situation. This is quite possibly the only chance a Canadian/American will ever get to see Avantasia, and I think a lot of people will be traveling to see it.

Either way, I plan to be in line before doors open just to make sure I get in and get plenty of merch
10/18 - King Diamond