View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Jeff's a great guy, very very chill and he's always smiling and in a good mood when he isn't onstage. I remember he hung out outside the venue talking with me and my friends for like 20-30 minutes before a show two years ago, apparently he has mad 12-string bass skills haha.

I've got to meet a few 'big' guys I guess now, but I've only gone total fanboy a few times. The first time was when I talked to Chuck Billy like three years ago, and the second time was when I chatted with Tom Hunting a year ago. After doing a bunch of interviews and stuff, it's hard to see a lot of these guys as anything more than just regular dudes.

I would probably lose my shit if I ever met Rob Halford or Glenn Tipton though.

That is where I am at right now. the only times I have been fanboy was the first time I met Devin Townsend, Mike Portnoy, and when I met Down on their tourbus in January. Every other time it just felt like hanging out with regular guys who enjoy the same music I do, Honestly, that's a better feeling than being full Fanboy Mode all the time.

As for this tour, i will admit I wish i could go, but the only bands I wanna see on the tour will be doing full headlining tours by the end of the year anyways.