View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Guilty Musical Pleasures

I know a guilty pleasures thread was created a couple of years ago, but I wanted to create one that is strictly musical.So post your guilty musical pleasures, albums, artists, songs, anything! as many as you want!

Here's a couple of mine:
Albums:
After The Rain-Nelson

This album I really can't blame people for hating, because most of the time it just comes off as squeaky clean, cheesy 80's melodic rock/borderline pure pop (even though it was made in the 90's), but I will quote a line that allmusic used in their review for the album, and that is "For all it's slickness, After The Rain has heart".I couldn't agree more with that statement, because it truly seems like these guys actually were honest with this album.That, plus the great production and the occasional awesome guitar riff or solo, makes this an album I will always love.

Here We Go Again-Demi Lovato

Even though I am a fan of Demi Lovato's music in general, this album is one I truly (guiltily) love.For one Demi is by far the best pop artist on top 40 radio, which really isn't saying much but she's a very talented singer.From the albums power popish title-track, to the 80's rock influenced "U Got Nothin' On Me", to the New Orleans styled "Every Time You Lie", this album has got some great pop songs.Overall this album (and her first) have something that most pop artist don't have, and that is tight instrumentation, prominent distorted guitar, and some guitar riffs that are actually pretty sick.

Artists:
Loverboy

This band is probably one of my biggest guilty pleasure of all-time, of course it would make sense that I would like them, but since almost everyone in my life (including I) has despised the group for some time, I never wanted to like them, but eventually I just decided to quit lyin' to myself and say I actually like this group.

Songs:
"22" by Taylor Swift and "Locked Out Of Heaven" by Bruno Mars (both are probably my BIGGEST guilty pleasures period).I despise both artists, but "22" is just too catchy and "Locked Out Of Heaven" has a cool Police vibe to it.

Now before you go insulting my guilty pleasures, admit to your own first