View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Music Is Good

Alice Cooper -- Gilford, NH -- June 20th, 2013

My first time back at Meadowbrook since 2010 and it turned out to be quite an evening. Firstly, the traffic didn't suck nearly as bad as I thought it would going up. Left my place at 5 and got to the venue at 710. Secondly, the weather for an outdoor show was absolute perfection. 75 degrees to start, 65 degrees to end, next to no humidity and my allergies (for once) weren't being a raging asshole.

I got there about halfway through the opening band, a band by the name of Picture Me Broken. I'd never heard of them but my friend told me that apparently their vocalist is Gregg Allman's daughter. Not my cup of tea. No clue what their original songs were & they ended with a terrible cover of Heart's "Crazy on You". Think along the lines of In This Moment, but somehow worse.

After a 25 minute break, the lights dimmed and Manson took the stage promptly at 8PM. This was my 3rd time seeing Manson (ironically enough, all 3 times have been in New Hampshire). I know everyone has been ragging on him for recent live performances. I suppose I lucked out. No complaints at all. He sounded a lot better in general & moved around a lot more than on the Zombie tour last October. I suppose the venue helped out a bit as well. Meadowbrook's got the best acoustics of any summer shed I've ever been to. Also, he's been alternating a couple of spots recently. Again, I lucked out. Coma White & Antichrist Superstar. 8/10

(8:00-9:00)
1. Angel With The Scabbed Wings
2. Disposable Teens
3. No Reflection
4. The Dope Show (w/Happiness Is A Warm Gun intro)
5. Rock Is Dead
6. Coma White
7. Personal Jesus
8. Prelude (The Family Trip)
9. mOBSCENE
10. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
11. This Is The New Shit
12. Antichrist Superstar

13. The Beautiful People

After a rather long set changeover, Alice & co. hit the stage with full force and didn't stop at all until the end. Same set as the rest of the tour, but I'm not complaining. One more thing off my concert bucket list has been accomplished: See an Alice Cooper headlining show. My only complaint was that even though it was a headlining show, 18 songs only amounted to 80 minutes. Aside from that, everything was damn near perfect. Great sound mixed extremely well and Orianthi is always fun to look at. Can't wait to see them in October, which I believe will be a full headlining set. 9.5/10

(9:40-11:00)
1. Hello Hooray
2. House of Fire
3. No More Mr. Nice Guy
4. Billion Dollar Babies
5. I'll Bite Your Face Off
6. Is It My Body
7. Under My Wheels
8. Hey Stoopid
9. Poison
10. Dirty Diamonds (w/bass, guitar & drum solos)
11. Welcome To My Nightmare
12. Go To Hell
13. Feed My Frankenstein
14. Ballad of Dwight Fry
15. Killer
16. I Love The Dead
17. School's Out (w/Another Brick In The Wall medley)

18. I'm Eighteen (w/Manson)

My buddy handled photo duties for the show, so I'll post a few pics tomorrow when I get home from work.