View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I'll probably be the only one to complain about this, but why the heck did they take out "Never"?!! That is by far their best song, I guess "Kick It Out" somewhat makes up for it.
Never is a really good pop rock song but it's not Heart's best song. Listen to Mistral Wind and then get back to me. I don't like the way they've been doing Never on recent tours anyways. Nancy plays an acoustic guitar during the verses which makes the song softer and slower. The song just doesn't have that same good rocking feel to it now because of that. Maybe it's for the best that they don't play it as often anymore because of the new musical arrangement.

I know Heart is known for doing Zeppelin covers in their sets but this is just too many. That's what bothered my about when I saw them open for Def Leppard a couple years ago. They did two Zeppelin songs and one from The Who. It's not like they're a new band who has a lack of original material so they make up for it by doing covers. They've got almost 40 years of their own material to choose from. Barracuda is an awesome way to start the show and Kick It Out, Mistral Wind and Little Queen are nice additions.