6. Primed Time
7. State of Mind
8. Armageddon X 7
9. Retching on the Dirt
10. Fasting on Deception
11. Throwaway
12. Truth Drug (Bonus Track)
13. Living in Denial (Bonus Track)

Another stylistic change for the band. They still have the real knuckle-dragging death metal style on this album but the production is way better. And there is a little bit of experimentation with sounds (that random guitar noise Shane Embury is credited with). My earliest memories of Napalm Death are from this album. I can remember the video of Plague Rages and the scene of Barney hitting himself in the heard during the first verse (during the "Am I right or wrong, or just insane" line). Whenever I hear that song to this day that shot jumps into my head. It’s classic. People say that Napalm Death entered a more industrial, Godflesh-ear with this album and I have no idea what they’re talking about. There’s nothing industrial and there’s nothing Godflesh about it. It’s just primal death metal with better production. People also always say how much Fear Factory’s first album sounds like Napalm Death, specifically this album. I find that funny, since this album came out two years after Fear Factory’s first album. And earlier Napalm Death (the stuff before this) sounds NOTHING like Fear Factory. They were somehow distributed by/signed to Columbia Records (home of Mariah Carey and a bunch of other crap) at this time, in a move I'm sure Columbia regretted before they went out of business. I think there was a whole Earache-Columbia deal because Entombed and Carcass had albums with the "Columbia" name on them as well. But with Columbia came a bigger budget for the video from Plague Rages and Twist the Knife (Slowly) somehow ended up on the soundtrack for the first Mortal Kombat movie. This is a good album but it ranks lower on the overall scale of Napalm Death.
Best Song: Plague Rages
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-16-2013 at 11:48 PM.