Released on September 3rd, 1990
Label: Combat/Earache

Line-up:
Mark “Barney” Greenway – vocals
Mitch Harris – guitar
Jesse Pintado – guitar
Shane Embury – bass
Mick Harris – drums
John Tardy (of Obituary) and Glen Benton (of Deicide) - guest vocals on Unfit Earth

1. Vision Conquest
2. In the Truth Be Known
3. Inner Incineration
4. Malicious Intent
5. Unfit Earth
6. Circle of Hypocrisy
7. The Chains that Bind Us
8. Mind Snare
9. Extremity Retained
10. Suffer the Children
11. Hiding Behind (Bonus Track)

A total one eighty for the band, largely due to the member changes. Pretty much only the rhythm section from the previous album stayed in place and two new guitarists were introduced. And most importantly, this album marks the debut of Barney with the band. They went from grindcore to the most primal death metal I’ve ever heard. Cannibal Corpse and Jungle Rot are pretty primitive but this is just caveman sounding. It’s honestly one of my least favorite Napalm Death albums. The production is still really crappy (the drums sound like shit) and the songs are just a little too long and not very memorable. Three minutes is perfect for Napalm Death and they blow over that quite a few times here. And it seems to be one of their most popular albums, who’d have guessed. I think it was even number twenty five in Decibel Magazines top one hundred death metal albums, and that was a pretty awesome list that you could live by. Suffer the Children is still a live staple but aside from that I wouldn’t expect to ever hear them play anything else from this album.
Favorite Song: Unfit Earth

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2