View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 PM
with his arms outstretched

The Recorded History of Napalm Death

Napalm Death. This band has such a varied and colorful history that they deserve a thread of their own. And they have a LOT of albums. Napalm Death are one of my favorite bands but truth be told I never got into them until way later in my life. I’d heard of them in the mid-to-early 1990s but never bought anything by them until 2006’s Smear Campaign. Upon hearing that album I thought to myself, “why haven’t I been listening to this band?”. Their recorded output has had some ups and downs but ultimately all their material is quality material. That’s why I won’t be scoring the albums. Even the “worst” Napalm Death album is better than whatever you’re listening to now. I’m going to cover the core albums here and some of the more essential EPs. They’ve got a lot of material to cover, as you’ll see. And again, truth be told I haven’t heard it all. There are two studio albums I’ve heard very little from but I’ll figure out how to do a write-up when I get to them (EDIT: July 18th, 2013; I've heard them now). And I've skipped on a lot of the live stuff since I never buy live albums (EDIT: July 18th, 2013; I've since gotten one of their live albums). You should just go see Napalm Death live since they still tear shit up today. I just saw them two weeks ago and they were fantastic.

I've also included links in the tracklisting for albums to any music videos I've come across by the band. I always found their videos to be unintentionally hilarious since the video never syncs up with the music, especially when Barney's singing. But I also find that aspect of the videos to be fucking awesome, further demonstrating how fucking awesome Napalm Death are. And it doesn't hurt that Barney is, by all accounts, one of the nicest guys in metal. What's not to love about this band?

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 07-19-2013 at 01:01 AM.