View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Ninja Gaiden Series (NES, 1988-1991)

I guess this isn't an album but it's nevertheless some of my favorite music of all time. Aside from the Beatles I can't think of anything I've listened to longer in my life than this. It was a couple of years before even Final Fantasy or Nirvana. If you were a kid in the early 1990’s you probably thought ninjas were pretty fucking cool. And you probably had Nintendo. So these games were the shit. I loved ninjas, and I had Nintendo, but when my friend Fred first rented Ninja Gaiden II I was more interested in the music. Basic to the core MIDI music but good programmers back in those days could still convey tons of feelings out of it to set the mood perfectly. I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 and all I remember from that game was Rachel. But I’ve known the music from these three games, when they occur and what’s going on when they’re playing for twenty years. The first one is probably the best of all three, despite the second game being my favorite. And the third I don’t remember too much, but it wasn’t as bad a game as people will tell you. As long as you had Game Genie.
Favorite Song (Ninja Gaiden): Mines, Act 4-2
Favorite Song (Ninja Gaiden II: the Dark Sword of Chaos): The Parasprinter, Act 3-2
Favorite Song (Ninja Gaiden III: the Ancient Ship of Doom): Lava Caverns, Act 2-2
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.