View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 04:01 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I'm sorry, but this is kind of stupid. If you can't tell the difference between a drummer and a vocalist then you aren't a musician and there's probably no reasoning with you. People can play through shitty vocals - big deal. Good luck trying to play with a guy who can't keep a steady beat on the drums though. Or doesn't know where he is in a song. Or who can't reliably perform the set due to health or whatever else.

Plus, from the practical business side, yeah, sure, fire Ozzy. And let's bring back Sabbath's second most successful vocalist?

Oh right.
The drummer is the guy at the back hitting stuff with sticks, right?

Dude, I've been playing guitar for 19 years (admittedly not much at all lately, but having a kid tends to fuck with your free time) so I understand that having a solid drummer is more important than having a strong vocalist. Ozzy's awful though. He's shit. Aren't they playing Symptom of the Universe as an instrumental? Fuck that. His vocals on God is Dead? make me cringe. I'm sure Iommi and Geezer could find many better projects to lend their talents to, albeit with a (much) smaller paycheck. Then again, I guess that's the answer right there, isn't it?