View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I'm sorry, but this is kind of stupid. If you can't tell the difference between a drummer and a vocalist then you aren't a musician and there's probably no reasoning with you. People can play through shitty vocals - big deal. Good luck trying to play with a guy who can't keep a steady beat on the drums though. Or doesn't know where he is in a song. Or who can't reliably perform the set due to health or whatever else.

Plus, from the practical business side, yeah, sure, fire Ozzy. And let's bring back Sabbath's second most successful vocalist?

Oh right.
Bingo. Ozzy's inconsistent sure, but I'll take a patchy Ozzy over a derping drummer any day. A bad drummer can ruin any band, even one with the riff lord on guitar. Bill's parts are forceful yet intricate, it's easy to make small mistakes and fuck it all up, just ask anyone who's ever learned to play War Pigs or Supernaut. That's why Bill had to really simplify his parts on the last few tours, and even then he was barely keeping up. Tommy Clufetos looks like a buffoon (seriously, what the hell is up with his arms?!) but he is doing more justice to Bill's parts than Bill himself could muster right now.

And yeah, without Ozzy and Dio, Iommi and Geezer basically have no career. And even then, Heaven & Hell wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the initial Ozzy reunion bringing the Black Sabbath name back into the public eye. Honestly, I'm fairly sure Ozzy, Iommi and Geezer are just doing this for fun now. They could probably retire now and live comfortably for the rest of their lives, at least Ozzy could for sure. It's also easy to see how they want to end Black Sabbath on a positive note, with one last really great album and a tour wherever they can hit. I don't think any of them want to die knowing that Black Sabbath was unfinished.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16