View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:50 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Faith No More

King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime (1995)

Album of the Year (1997)

Faith No More really are one of the greatest bands of all time. There is no reason not to like them. They were able to incorporate pretty much every style of music on their albums. King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime was the prime example of that in my opinion. It has sleazy sex lounge music (Evidence), 1920ís big band music (Star A.D.), chilled out island calypso music (Caralho Voador), drunken, depressed country bar music (Take This Bottle), hardcore punk (Ugly in the Morning, Digging the Grave) and 1970ís soul music (Just a Man). Not to mention a heaping pile of awesome 1990s alternative rock. And it was all done so well. What held this album back was it followed up such a landmark (1992s Angel Dust, number four in my top twenty). But it is worth you attention. 1997s Album of the Year was just that. When I started compiling my year end lists it was the album of the year for that year. It was a big more straightforward than King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime but nevertheless excellent. Listening to Pristina still brings a tear to my eye since it was the end of such a great run. Two flawless albums from start to finish. Two albums that are top fifty material for sure.
Favorite Song (King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime): King For A Day
Favorite Song (Album of the Year): Pristina
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy