View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Because I was only 17 and listened to strictly traditional metal at that point: Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Judas Priest, etc. Later that year I bought my first Megadeth album, and not long after even Anthrax, who I enjoy just fine now.

When I was younger, I gave a lot of things bad reviews simply because I hadn't been exposed to stuff yet. But to be honest, if you don't like thrash metal, 60 minutes of loud in your face thrash is kind of a drag. That's where I was at 17. By 18, I wouldn't have complained about Anthrax
And more to your point, it was 2004, not 2013... the internet wasn't exactly what it is now. You didn't have every single band at your fingertips. In a lot of ways I think it was better that way. Anyway, I miss Dio. I saw him live three times, once solo and twice with H&H, and that little dude could fucking wail. I still get chills listening to certain songs sung by RJD.