Heavy Metal Breakdown - Grave Digger

1.Headbanging Man
2.Heavy Metal Breakdown
3.Back From The War
4.Yesterday
5.We Wanna Rock You
6.Legion Of The Lost
7.Tyrant
8.2,000 Light Years From Home (The Rolling Stones cover)
9.Heart Attack

Released In 1984

1984 saw the release of many great debuts of all metal and rock genres, not just power metal.Grave Digger's debut album Heavy Metal Breakdown though has to be one of the best power metal debuts of all time.Sure, they hadn't gone full blown power metal yet and were still at the time more speed metal oriented than their future work, but this is one killer power metal album.The gritty vocals of Chris Boltendahl, the thumping bass of Willi Lackman, the furious guitar playing of Peter Masson, and the incredible drumming Albert Eckardt all combined make one excellent record.The all killer no filler album starts with the beast that is "Headbanging Man", than keeps the blood pumping for the next few tracks until excellent ballad "Yesterday", and than the rest of the album is metal anthem after metal anthem all the way to the closing "Heart Attack".This in my opinion is one of the first classic albums in the power metal genre.Grave Digger, along with Helloween, really kicked power metal into high gear, with bands before them just really forming the foundation for power metal.Best song is by far "Tyrant".

Highlight:
"Tyrant" http://grooveshark.com/s/Tyrant/2S4htR?src=5

10/10

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 05-10-2013 at 12:33 PM.