View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Forget about what people think of your inclusion of Europe on this list. You putting Armored Saint in here is the way more questionable one. Have you hear their entire discography? They are not power metal at all. They are a traditional sounding metal band. Maybe on their debut album there are a few things that could resemble power metal but they are a regular metal band all the way.

Very odd that you would not consider Dio for your thread but you'll put Armored Saint in. If they are power metal so is Dio. Musically Armored Saint has always reminded me of Judas Priest but Priest isn't power metal either though Halford's vocal style did help influence the singers of the genre.
I only consider Armored Saint's first EP and album power metal IMO, as I should have pointed out put will definitely mention it when I get to their self-titled.For some reason I don't consider Dio power metal at all.I listened to that Armored Saint EP without looking at anyone else's opinion, review, or any info really on the band, and my first impression was power metal.But it just comes down to opinion.Just like how it's debated all the time that bands like GnR, Def Leppard, and W.A.S.P. are glam metal bands or just straight up heavy metal bands.