3.Seven Doors Hotel
4.The King Will Return
5.Boyazont (instrumental)
6.Children Of This Time
7.Words Of Wisdom
8.Paradize Bay
9.Memories

Released in 1983

I know what most of you are thinking, Europe? Power metal? Yes, I know, it sounds ridiculous.Well, the truth is, every album pre-Start From The Dark has almost all elements of power metal (even The Final Countdown and Out Of This World IMO, but both and Prisoners will not be featured in this list do them all having too much glam metal in it).Europe has many features that make them power metal.Their use of fantasy themes, John Norum's virtuoso-style guitar playing, Stratovarius-like keyboards, the song structures and melodies, and even Joey Tempest vocal style all resemble characteristics of power metal.On anything Final Countdown to Prisoners, they seem to be what Stratovarius would be if Stratovarius was a glam metal band.On their debut album however, it mostly resembles Helloween and HammerFall without the speed.The guitar playing on this album is certainly the highlight of this album, and the drum player Tony Reno provides excellent drum fills and rhythms throughout.John Leven takes a more of a back seat on this record and does what he needs to do.Joey Tempest is quite average on this album though, due it being his first, and is nowhere near as developed and strong has it is on further albums.The album highlights are definitely the triple attack of the speed metal-esque "Seven Doors Hotel", the slow but powerful "The King Will Return", and the stellar instrumental that is "Boyazont".All in all a quite solid album that suffers at very tacky songwriting and average vocals at times.

Highlight:
"Seven Doors Hotel" http://grooveshark.com/s/Seven+Doors+Hotel/4S7wh6?src=5

Rating: 7/10

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 05-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.