View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Fear Factory -- Niagara Falls, NY -- April 23rd, 2013

Went up to Rapids Theater in the Falls for this show. Due to lack of interest, a couple of weeks ago this show was announced free. I don't know if this was the case anywhere else or just our neck of the woods. If you had already bought a ticket you could get a refund or a bought one, get one for Device, which I would venture to guess is having weak sales too. Personally I would be all for the refund. By my estimation only about 200 people or so. I know its not the 90s where they had a better following, but the low turnout surprises me.

We got there right in time for Kobra and the Lotus. I haven't heard anything from them before. I was plesently surprised. Really good band. I wasn't expecting an attractive blonde to come out, belting out to some traditional sounding metal. A great strong voice. The guitar players were trading off solos. Good hooks. Good way to start the show off.

Next up was Hate Eternal. They just weren't doing it for me. I didn't hate them or anything. Just couldn't get into them. About 3 or 4 songs in we went outside.

Fear Factory was up. This was my fourth time seeing them over the years. Most of the crowd moved up closer to the stage. The crowd was into it from beginning to end. Anyone who's seen them live knows they kick ass. That signature thundering percussion just feels like a train rolling through the room. There were some good pits going until security toned it down because some girl got wiped out twice and there were other innocent victims, including myself. Doesn't bother me though. Its a metal show and shit happens. Burton was somewhat chatty. He talked about how it was their first time in the Falls and hope it won't be the last and how it was their eighth show of about 50. They've been doing basically the same stuff for a while, but I like the set. I like that they end with the Demanufacture songs. That stuff got the best reaction of the night. Good fun show.

Fear Factory:
1. The Industrialist
2. Shock
3. Edgecrusher
4. What Will Become?
5. Linchpin
6. Powershifter
7. Fear Campaign
8. Recharger
9. Resurrection
10. Martyr
11. Leechmaster