View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
N00B

Anthrax -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 18th, 2013

I arrived at 7:35 and Municipal Waste were already on stage. I had never heard them before, but they put on an entertaining show. I will have to check out their records. They finished at 7:55. This should be their full setlist, courtesy of Setlist.fm filling in the parts that I missed.

Waste in Space (Main Title)
Unleash The Bastards
The Thrashin' of The Christ
Sadistic Magician
You're Cut Off
Authority Complex
Beer Pressure
Thrashing's My Business... And Business Is Good
Terror Shark
Headbanger Face Rip
Black President
Mind Eraser
The Art of Partying
Born to Party

Exodus were up next. They started at 8:15 and played until 9:00. Truth be told, they were the main reason I went to this show, since it had been 3 years since I saw them last. They got a pretty decent reception from the crowd, but Rob Dukes seemed disappointed with the crowd reaction. That is, until they played The Toxic Waltz and the entire place went nuts! They organized a wall of death as usual during Strike of the Beast, but it didn't look like too many people participated. I was really glad that they played Good Riddance, since it seems they weren't playing it at some shows. I would've liked to hear more songs from their recent albums, but I understand there's only so much they can do with 45 minutes.

The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
A Lesson in Violence
War Is My Shepherd
Fabulous Disaster
Blacklist
Bonded by Blood [with Holy Grail's singer on backup vocals]
The Toxic Waltz [with Mike Portnoy and Shadows Fall's drummer on backup vocals]
Strike of the Beast
Good Riddance

After what felt like a long set change, it was time for Anthrax. They came on at 9:35 and played until about 11:15. I had just seen Anthrax back in October, but they sounded even better this time! And the crowd was really into it to (unlike the show that I saw last October). Come to think of it, this was probably one of the liveliest crowds I've seen at this venue, especially considering the age of the band and their fans. The deep cuts from Among the Living sounded really great. Still no March of the S.O.D. in the set though, so I guess that's gone for good.

Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
I Am the Law
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
A Skeleton in the Closet
In the End
T.N.T.
Madhouse
Indians
One World
A.D.I. / Horror of It All
Got the Time
--------------------
Imitation of Life
Drum Solo
I'm the Man [partial]
Antisocial

More pictures:
http://pictures.leglessmoof.net/v/concerts/2013_04_18/

Last edited by leglessmoof; 04-19-2013 at 11:10 AM.