View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:46 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Would there be any difference if she did leave the band? She would still be called Otep either way.

Good first review. I saw her a couple years ago when she was touring for Smash The Control Machine and it was a pretty good show. I agree with you about her voice live. Sometimes when you hear a voice on the albums you're not sure if the singer can duplicate that live but Otep sure as hell can. Her voice, especially her scream, is ten times more powerful live. It just engulfs the whole venue and demands your attention. I don't know how her throat isn't killing her after each performance.
It all depends on when you see her. If you get to her early on like I did, she sounds fantastic. If you find her later or if she's been touring a lot, she'll sound pretty scratchy. Case in point was the second time I saw her; when she wasn't doing her screams, she basically just chanted out the lyrics (this was right after she toured for Atavist and took on a coheadliner spot on a Cavalera Conspiracy tour) because she sounded pretty out of breath.

But I'm glad I've gotten to see her performing a few times, and if I recall correctly, she said she was going to try and support Hydra again in the fall.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds